Monday, June 11, 2012

Things I'll Need When I Get Home


  1. A hot water kettle, the kind where you fill it with water and flip the switch and a few minutes later you've got boiling water
  2. Good coffee.  You know what they say: 'ze nes shze cafeh...' (It refers to NesCafe, the most common brand of instant coffee here.  It means, 'it's a miracle that it's coffee.')
  3. Shampoo and conditioner and facewash and soap.  I'm planning on leaving all of mine here to avoid the hassle with airline restrictions
  4. Reliable internet connection.  I know I spend a lot of time online now (despite all the problems we have with Beit Shmuel wifi and the Patio network in particular), but I'll need to be in touch with 26 people more or less constantly when I get home.
  5. A spa day.  I haven't seen the soles of my feet since kibbutz.
  6. Bug spray.  I've forgotten what skin without bug bites look like.
  7. A shopping trip.  Almost everything I have is just so 'shnat.'  I'll wear it around Beit Shmuel, maybe even to Kiryat Moriah and back, but not in public.  Stains and rips and tears and pajamas all day everyday.  I'll need to learn how to dress for the real world again.
  8. Shoes.  I finally broke the last pair of shoes that aren't my Toms.  My roommates hate me now.  And if you knew how my Toms smelled, you would too.
  9. An innout burger.  Please.
  10. Some love to make my head feel better.  I was leaning over a bed looking for something and I came up too fast and hit my head on the metal corner of a window door.  Blood, bruise, and all that jazz.  It's not fun and now everything from brushing my hair to the water pressure in the shower hurts.
  11. My car filled with gas and my insurance and registration ready to go.  I miss my car.  Our segway tour today just reminded me of that again.
  12. A clean room, Samantha, I'm begging you.
  13. A return ticket to Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment